August 2014 Town Haul Meeting Minutes
Audio/Visual Recording: Click here to view/listen.
Warning: The following minutes includes controversial information that may make you question the Walfas Station Wagon or your membership within. The public has demanded that we disclose this information to all of our members due to the risk to the Walfas community and to rebuild trust with those we lost.
- Due to public demand, we have officially disclosed the story behind Mr.Heart24. The full story is too complicated to summarize in these minutes, so please hear the full story in the recording (when it is released). In short, Mr.Heart24 was let go for clashing ideals with the WSW Administration and group, which has led to extensive damage to the Walfas community as a whole. In hindsight, he was not qualified to be an admin, his presence was (and still is) toxic to our community, and our biggest mistake was not removing him from power sooner. However, in the wake of these series of events, we have adopted numerous policies to counteract the damage: our Anti-Grudge policy is to ensure nobody takes sides in others' fights (which leads to community in-fighting), our Anti-Bullying policy is to ensure nobody gangs up on anyone to chase them out of the group, our Mod Accountability system is to ensure no future mods abuse their power, and Town Haul was made to end the "closed-door policy" of the old administration and bring up issues with the public. With that said, LEAVE MR.HEART24 ALONE. He's been through enough as it is, and attacking him will only bring this group down. Anyone caught harassing Mr.Heart24 will be immediately banned from the WSW (and likely affiliate groups). At the same time, DO NOT TALK TO MR.HEART24 ABOUT THE WSW, THE WALFAS COMMUNITY, OR TOUHOU: he has promised never to talk about these topics ever again, but we have transcripts proving that he is still asking members to vent their problems about the group to a point where they end up leaving/feeling too scared to enter the group, so honor his promise and do not talk to him about the group, Walfas, or Touhou. In the event he brings these topics up to you, REPORT IT TO THE ADMINS IMMEDIATELY.
- In regards to mods "overusing their powers", only four people were ever banned from the WSW for generally bad conduct. The rest of the time, we help people through their issues and help them integrate into the community. The mods are very reserved with their powers and only use it to keep the environment of the group safe and friendly for all. If a mod does overuse their powers (or underuse them when they need to use them), you, the members, have the power to de-mod them.
- Remember that if you have a problem with the group, the admins, or fellow members, it does no good to vent it to other people than the admins. If we don't know what's wrong, we can't fix it. If you're too afraid to speak to the admins, it does no good to go to a third party who can't do anything (or worse, asks you to vent your frustration until you are so worked up that you feel too scared to re-enter the group). If you're too scared to talk to us directly, use the WSW Question Box to send stuff anonymously, but remember: you have no reason to fear us. As mentioned before, we can't do anything to you unless you put the community in serious, serious danger, and even then, we'd do our best to find a peaceful resolution. SPEAK UP! LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD! (In fact, we'd like to thank the European WSWers who sent anonymous complaints about the Town Haul meeting times through our new Question Box. For the September Town Haul announcement, please post a preferred time, and we'll average it out and have September's meeting at a more EU-friendly time.)
- keinecat finally remodded on RaidCall.
Due to the ultra-long topics we had, there wasn't much time for publicity, so if you got a project, post it below. If your project is listed here, you might want to fill in the details.
- On August 31, LPer BleachBummer and PC-98 expert DeityDiz93 will be having a Highly Responsive to Prayers race! Details by Bleach included below:
2) Everyone will be playing on Normal difficulty for this race. With 7 Maximum Player lives, check the options in the game for these.
3) You can continue. This isn't about 1cc'ing, it's about finishing.
4) If you say "No" in the continue option and are sent back to the title, you're out of the race.
[* We can't hold back three other people once we start, you'll have to sit out the rest of the race. DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN.
5) Players will score independently based on the Route they chose. Makai versus Makai, Hell versus Hell.
6) We are using Neko Project for this race for the most smooth and optimal way to play Touhou PC-98.
[* Ask DeityDiz93 for help should the game have any visual or performance issues.
7) You will need the Highly Responsive to Prayer English patch to partake, see DeityDiz93 if you are not set up with the patch.
8) You will need a recording device. If you don't have one then ask Bleach about Fraps (paid program), or DeityDiz93 about Open Broadcasting Software (Free)
[* Alternates include DxTory (paid program), or Bandicam (paid program). Anything else that works will do as well.9) Anyone who wishes to spectate and co-commentate will need to get TeamViewer and choose one person to watch. Up to four people may join at least.
[* If you have a powerful enough PC to view more then one person then go ahead, but it may slow the player's game if there are too many people watching.
10) No save-stating, no speed abusing, no tampering. Keep this play-through as vanilla as possible.
[* Be sure your PC is strong enough to handle recording, Raidcall, TeamViewer, and Neko Project all at once.
- More updates to the ultra-dark dream-team collab Clockwork Corpse Carnival.
- New Cards Against Humanity packs coming out! DoctorNubCake is currently working on a Cards Against Station Wagoners pack and MikiBandy is working on Cards Against Station Wagoners 2: Electric Boogaloo, both centered around WSW in-jokes, while Spaztique is working on The Touhou Pack, a pack full of characters, locations, memes, and more.
- Balancing out CCC is KentaMaeba's new project, G143, a more idealistic collab intended for newer members. Kenta has posted details below.
- keinecat will be hosting a Fall Gaming Tourney series.
- ChibioChen's friend is working on a Touhou Goosebumps-Style Choose-Your-Own-Adventure series.
- crystalgreatsword's Call of the Moon Sequel back in the works!
- IShingoYabuki Rhapsody of a Promise sequel in the works!
- rsgmaker made a RaidCall overlay, so you can check your text chat in-game!
- DarkChaosXX working on a new gaming review series.
- The Walfas Ronpa folks would like to announce Walfas Ronpa 2!
July 2014 WSW Spotlight
Once again, more highlights from mods and community members (or at least the mods: we still need community members recommending stuff for our spotlight. Anyone at any time can submit more stuff for this. Remember: Speak up!)
- Bend-gineering by ShinKong (who thanks skullkid3 for the arms) - Has a lot of utility and has an amusing comic introducing it.
- Waka Waka Waka Waka by TraditionalYoungMan
- Speaking In Lunar Years by UninformedConformist
- Accidents Happen by "devFirey-5: The real reason the shrine collapsed in SWR[Walfas Video]
- Flan Makes French Toast! by KatieKatStudios - A walfas version of a TF2 video, but still good on its own
- Payback by LeonTekashi
- Sanae the Schoolgirl by WodanYmirthe2nd - Nice gag of Sanae after she moves to Gensokyo.
- Genius by RoCKyOu18 - Clever and brilliant, nice use of Fanon!Cirno. (ExPorygon: "YOU BEAT ME TO IT SHINGO!")