done by ORT451
Previous Town Haul's Minutes can be seen here
July 2015 Town Haul Minutes:
Updated WSW GuideThe WSW Rules/Submission Guide 2015 Edition
is out and with it a new set of rules and regulations. This indeed was long overdue but thankfully this will hold together for awhile now that it's released.If you are a new member, this is a must see. If you are a regular member, still look to see what has changed from the last guide.
We will also be paraphrasing/linking this guide if a submission to the group violates our rules and/or standards.Edit: Know also that the WSW Rules/Submission exists on the front page under the "Group Info" widget and also on our "About Us" tab. So when this journal is overshadowed eventually, please do look for them there.
How did you join the Walfas Station Wagon/Touhou communities?
To mark the 3rd-year anniversary of the Walfas Station Wagon, on of the topic during the Town Haul was a timed summery of how people got into Touhou and/or Walfas. Because of that, there was a time limit imposed on folks to keep the meeting length consistent so not everyone there that day got to share their full stories.So if you've got a story to share, take to the comment section of this journal to share the story in full!
If you were left not fulfilling every detail because of the time limit or because of a technical issue, then take this time to recollect your story for us. Even if you weren't at this Town Haul's meeting, please join in and tell us how wacky, heartwarming, inspiring, and/or whatever else your story might be.Note: If you have an announcement that you'd also would like to post in the comments because you missed your chance at the Town Haul meeting:
Please post the announcement first and the story second.
Where are we, 14 Town Haul sessions later?
Town Hauls have had an interesting history for this group. It started out as a very good means to address issues of the community with the members of the WSW to enable transparency. However the issues of the WSW were continuing to be brought up each Town Haul, each time getting the point of reiteration and even putting a damper on people's spirits.
However, this Town Haul meeting there were no issues affecting the community as a whole this time around. This being one of the few times this has ever taken place is a result of the entire group's efforts to spread positivity. This which was reiterated last Town Haul as a means to stop the vocal minorities and ground-breaking issues from taking place as they have so much in the past.
The idea was to encourage the spread positive comments on others Walfas works to generally spread love and care to each other, on their own accord as well.
While activity of Walfas stuff still ranges from steady to slow, it still has been a very good time for us, it continues to be a better place with the combined endeavor to spread positivity whenever folks can. Whether it has be welcoming and/or helping new members, to giving folks a nice comment for their hard work; it's become true that because of this that we've had no ground-breaking community issues with negativity.
Thank you so much to everyone who contributed and still contributes to this cause!
Project AnnouncementsNote: If you want a better description or correction of misinformation for your project if it was listed from the meeting, notify DeityDiz93. Otherwise leave an announcement in the comments for those who missed the meeting session.
- DeityDiz93 announced a follow up to the progress of the Oldworks Contest, the Touhou PC-98 contest with good news about the progress. However yet another delay come to be with the sudden absence of the contest's co-host. However this will likely not last much longer as most everything is primed and ready to go when the co-host is able to return, please stay tuned!
- Lyhoko announced a second coming of the WalfasRonpa roleplay group. However a bit of sabotage took place there between the old contributors and most of the old gallery content was removed, but updates suggest that to be fixed and the group to start up it's roleplaying again later down the line.
- BleachBummer still needs lines for his voiced Wadanohara Let's Play. All he needs from everyone is to record themselves saying "Bun bun!". People are to record themselves via something like Audacity or something similar. Then they are to then send it to him on Skype or Raidcall. So for that: Here's the script. Additionally, he's working on an original Madoka RPG project! This project still needs spriters, artists, musicians, sound effects artists, animators, and voice actors.
- Captainface has put his Walfas Course series on the topic of Autism on hold for a little while due to a busy period. He will also be starting a big group project revolved around animation. If you would like more details on that, Captain asks you send him a note for discussion.
- redbeatsmermaid last year made the Walfas Station Wagon a gift for it's second-year anniversary called Nitori and the little WSW. She has announced that she will do another one in honor of the third-year anniversary of the Walfas Station Wagon! Keep your eyes peeled for her own individual announcement as she will be looking for tons of people to add!
- KiyoshiTheWolf is looking for assistance with his project called Spectacles of Eros comic series which is based off of BlazBlue's Rachel Alucard's gag reel, specifically from BlazBlue Continuum Shift, and the return of the same gag in Blazblue Chronophantasma. He can be contacted on Raidcall but would prefer dA or his his Skype for the cause. Gallery here. As well as the two accompanying journals, this one and this too.
- FCTF2 is starting up on a crossover fanfiction based on Xenoblade Chronicles named Cirnoblade Chronicles. It's stars some of the Walfas Station Wagon folks, but FCT2 would be looking for critiques on it. More details and a place to provide feedback can be found here.
- StevosStuff asked for someone to record a closeup of someone's lips with bright red lipstick on. This will be for a bit of lip-syncing for a song Stevo wrote. Secondly, Stevo's working on an upcoming tabletop RPG involving shipping NPC characters together: The process will involve people creating NPCs for the cause. More on that here, and an additional example template for a complete character sheet is seen at the second page of the Google Doc.
- Ceej39 uploaded the first of a few animation and style tests for the Diamond in the Rough remake. Here is the example video based on the scene originally in Episode 7 of Diamond in the Rough. He will also be seeking feedback from third-parties so stay tuned!
- Carlos1225 has still been attempting to recruit people for a Dungeons and Dragons or Game of Thrones styled campaign. However he recently did lose his rulebook file, if you know him on Skype or anywhere else and he has send a copy of his file to you, send it back his way. Additionally he is still looking for help in the form of beta testers and voice contributions for a project based on Duwee-DavisII's Game of Touhou crossover. Vocal example here.
- Cirnolover9 after getting his last story, rifted decided to start another story where the synopsis is about the Three Fairies of Light attempting to pull a prank on Yukari Yakumo. Keep an eye out for it!
- DustedEnderman has been working on a Touhou Doom Boss Rush. It also will feature multiplayer compatibility so you and your friends can tackle the challenge together! At the time of the announcement, it was not up for download, however, it is now! If you would like to see the boss rush map in action, watch this and/or this.
- Bluyidark as of now is not accepting art commissions due to an upcoming project. Stay tuned of you would like to commission him when he is done with said project.
Apologizes for the delays of the minutes, however this next month's Town Haul will be coming up soon so keep an eye out for the next journal entry.
Nonetheless, thanks goes out to everyone who has helped shape the community to be more positive, please keep it up! Let us make sure many of our future Town Hauls will be without big problems too!